Saturday, January 6, 2007

Chi-Chi Postscript

Written 28 December, 2006

Chi-Chi

Prescript and Prescript

If Chi-Chi (not her real name) should ever chance across the blogs that follow, I hope her feelings aren’t hurt. Most of the predicaments I wrote about were of my own doing, caused by my newbieism.

Chi-Chi is a great person, and not at all shallow. We have, in fact, had some fairly profound conversations about, for instance, the nature of men. She has simply chosen to experience Second Life on a different level than people like me, who insist on knowing how things work and then spend their second lives tweaking textures and building things no one will ever want to buy. People like me, in other words. Chi is having a true second life, socializing and having a good time while I’m going geeky things like cleaning out my inventory or searching for a script to make lava flow. I wish I was more like her. I admire her for being her own person. And I have had a great time throughout the whole skybox experience.

No comments: