Sunday, January 21, 2007

The MystiTool, Part One

Written 19 January, 2007

The MystiTool, Part One

I said I would tell you about the MystiTool Multipurpose HUD.

So here goes.

The Mysti caught my eye on my first-ever visit to www.slexchange.com.

I see I’ll need to do a post about Second Life Exchange, too.

Anyway, at less that $500L, it seemed a bargain, so I resolved to buy one for Sweetie for Christmas.

Sweetie, you see, had no flight assist device. She wasn’t able to fly high enough to get to our House of 1000 Pleasures, and was always falling out of the sky besides.

She needed the MystiTool.

I made a note and determined to find the Mysti-Tool in-world.

The Mysti came up on search and I teleported and bought it.

I’d meant to buy only one so Sweetie would have a special thing just for herself, but I guess I’m not all that noble, because I bought one for myself, too.

It took us both a while to unpack and start to use the Mysti, and even longer to begin to really explore it, but lately we’ve been learning how to really use it.

And it’s fabulous.

First, the Mysti is a heads-up device, meaning it has a display visible on the screen. This consists of two buttons at the lower right of the screen, but they can be rendered invisible, or customized in any number of ways. I find them unobtrusive and have just left them alone.

Second, the Mysti is updated frequently. Since Christmas, Sweetie and I have gotten two updates.

Third, it performs flawlessly, which is more than can be said about a lot of Second Life products.

Fourth, you need only type /1 notecard, and you get the Mysti’s operating manual, which calls up other notecards, making for the best documentation I’ve seen to date in SL.

-----

So, what does it do?

Maybe a hundred things.

When Sweetie and I made our first flight, I noticed that she was emitting little poofy white particles.

I didn’t know it at the time, but that was the Mysti.

-----

Next: Mysti Functions

No comments: