Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Evolution of Primthority





Written 12 August, 2007

The Evolution of Primthority

I'm continually impressed and amazed by the creativity of Second Life's residents.

You'll probably need to click on the top photo to see it in sufficient detail; it shows the progression of the avatar form in prims from a plywood cube to a complex shape.

It called to mind "The Evolution of Authority," which has been passed from office worker to office worker since the 1960s.

The sculpture is on, I believe, the Illusion Factory simulator (or was it on FuturePerfect?). Be sure to see the collection of roadside Americana including some great 50s style signs.

And check out these sculpted people I bought for 100 Lindens on the Tableau sim.

The guy in the blue-and-white checked shirt asked me out-- but he's not my type.

2 comments:

Peter Stindberg said...

You don't like blue checkered shirts? You should have told me months ago!

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Gentle reader, I accompanied Peter on a shopping trip so he could buy a tuxedo for business purposes-- but that's the only day I saw him in it. His outfit de jour-- perhaps I should say toutes des jours, and pardon my French if I got that wrong, is a blue-and-white flannel shirt and holy ("holey" blue jeans.