Saturday, November 17, 2007

Linden Bears?



Written 17 November, 2007

Linden Bears?

If I were an anthropologist I would be sooo studying the history and culture and origins of Second Life!

There's a tale of a cornfield to which the Lindens once sent avatars gone wrong.

Wonder if it was the cornfield from the 1950s short story "It's a Good Life" by Jerome Bixby (later a quite spooky episode of "The Twilight Zone," starring Bill Mumy)?

Whatever, I would hate to go there!

Anyway, while we were at the Linden Village, Sweetie was feeding me a line of bull about Linden Bears.

She claimed each Linden used to have a bear, and people collected them.

I'm sure she was shining me on, and yet...

Explain this photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those bears are Resident Bears – you can see the label at the bottom of the photo. The Lindens do have indeed have individual bears. If you run into a Linden, ask them, and you will get one.

- PulseBurst Flow

Cheyenne Palisades said...

What, get a primmy bear? Not this girl! But thanks for the info.