Friday, January 18, 2008

Grrr! on Blogger

Written 18 January, 2008

Grrr! on Blogger

What IS it with Blogger, anyway, that sometimes my lines wrap before they're halfway across the screen, and sometimes they march right off the right-hand side of the screen?

It's not my browser (Opera), for it happens with that scourge of the digital realm, Internet Explorer, too.

When that happens, I have to either back up and retype the entire paragraph or cut it, paste it into a word processor or text editor program, cut it from there, and paste it back into Blogger.

I suspect extraneous characters are finding their way into my paragraphs, but I can't image how or why and I certainly don't know how to get rid of them.

Ideas, anyone?

3 comments:

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

The ultimate way to find out what's going on is to look at the HTML; did the "WYSIWYG" interface shove in an extra DIV or SPAN somehow? There's a tab you can click on to see and edit the HTML that will be used for your blog entry; I use it to insert HTML character entities for characters with diacritical marks and to clean up before I finally commit the post.

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Too much trouble. Blogger should work.

Tycho Beresford said...

WYSIWYG is broken in Blogger; I've gone to making blog entries strictly in HTML. Not only does my text not go haywire, but I can position larger pictures much more easily by cutting and pasting their code than by trying to move a picture that is larger than the tiny window they give you to edit in.