Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's a GOOD Life


Written 15 December, 2009

It's a GOOD Life

My readers of a certain age may remember an episode of Rod Serling's tv show The Twilight Zone with the same name as the title of this blog post. Or maybe you remember the reprise in the Twilight Zone movie.

The episode, which originally screened in 1961, was based on a truly scary short story by Jerome Bixby. Bill Mumy played a six-year-old with godlike powers and all the restraint of any six-year-old boy.

When Mumy's character does something bad to one of the town's citizens-- like, say, oh, turning them into jack-in-the-boxes-- he transports them to a place called the cornfield.

Guess what? Back in Second Life's early days misbehaving citizens were exiled to a place called The Cornfield.

I figured The Cornfield was long gone, but as I was grid-hopping the other day, guess what? I found it. Near Blumfeld.

I couldn't get there (I guess I've not been naughty enough), but I did get photos to prove it.



2 comments:

Jupiter-2 said...

So, did you also find all the people that Anthony sent there throughout the years?

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Well, with my cam I did spot some jack-in-the-boxes.