Sunday, January 31, 2010

All The Pretty Horses

Written 31 January, 2010

All the Pretty Horses

Last night Sweetie and I-- well, Sweetie, as I was having ping time issues and was snowblind--  found an absolutely gorgeous little valley on one of the AKK horse sims (you'll need to find it yourself, but here is the SLURL to the AKK ranch.

There were lots of horses grazing. The opportunity for photos was just too good to pass up. I think I got some good shots-- which was a miracle, considering I was getting incredibly high ping times.

Horses are skittish. It's necessary to sneak up on them...


But after a while they become accustomed to you.


And then you can ride right up to them...


... and capture them just being themselves.






Here's a shot I managed to get; the glow on the grasses made for a most unusual effect. I wish there had been more contrast:

No comments: