Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sunday Morning Machinima, 14 February, 2010

Sunday Morning Machinima, 14 February, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day, ya'all!

My first thought was to post videos about Valentine's Day in Second Life. I found some, but they were far too corny to inflict upon my Constant Readers. So instead:

Spies don't get to stop their work for Valentine's Day:



Richard Dawkins
is author of The Selfish Gene, a treatise on the gene-centered theory of evolution, which holds that the individual organism is a contrivance built by genes solely for the purpose of perpetuating themselves.

More recently, Dawkins has written The God Delusion, in which he argues that belief in a god is wrong, and more than wrong, is dangerous. I bet that makes him popular with the Baptists!

Here's a video of Dawkins, who admits he has been in Second Life very little (I doubt he has at all, since he's not sure if people in SL can fly), speculates about Philip Linden as god for a bit, then about the future of virtual worlds.

I just discovered this video, I Live Another Life on the Web, from the True Life series on MTV. It follows three young women, one of whom is immersed in Second Life. I can't embed it, so just follow this link.

Happy viewing!

I'm going to stop here, as the last will take a while to view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops. the trailer on the last link was misleading. The show features 3 girls, two of which are not involved in second life. The one who is, Keiko, is a famous SL musician making the transition to also play in RL despite stage fright. The segments with Keiko are interesting. The other segments are young women using the internet in dangerous ways. Their stories are told from the standard Maury Povich, "here is their most extreme behavior... now let's rescue them" P.O.V..

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Yeah, I was snaked by the trailer. Still, I thought the arc with Keiko Takamura was enough to warrant posting.

It was great to see how performing in Second Life helped her work up to performing in real life. She's a great musician, and I'm sure she'll go far.

As for the other two young women... they seem seriously screwed up in regard to their sexuality. I hope they seek therapy.