Monday, May 31, 2010

Alice In WonderSLand


Written 31 May, 2010

Alice In WonderSLand

I've been beating myself up for not blogging before now about the wonderful play Alice in WonderSLand.

I feel I've been granted a reprieve, for the run has been extended through 6 June. There's also a performance on the 5th. With luck, it may be extended yet again.

Sweetie and I went weekend before last, and let me tell you, it was the best performance I've seen to date in Second Life. I urge you to spend the $500 it costs and go see it.

Alice is the brainchild of Avatar Repertory Theater, directed by MadameThespian Underhill and Produced by JubJub Forger. Music is by Fred Kimmel.

Unlike most endeavors in group entertainment, Alice ran smoothly-- astonishingly smoothly. Animations were spot-on, and the settings were very Alice-like-- in other words, pleasingly quirky.

Some of the sculpties refused to resolve for me, so I couldn't make snapshots, but happily, Sweetie took plenty of pictures. They follow...

But first, take yourself to XStreet and search WonderSLand. Pick your performance and buy a ticket. You won't be disappointed.

-----

Audience effects were great. The chairs in which we were sitting suddenly disappeared and we fell onto the floor.


Later, we went swimming.


Big Alice...


At the duchess'...


The tea party.


Oops, wrong tea party!

I meant this one!


Croquet on the lawn...


I tell you, if the Red Queen catches you guys painting white roses red she'll be all "Off With Their Heads!"


The Walrus and the Carpenter
Were walking close at hand;
They wept like anything to see
Such quantities of sand:

"If this were only cleared away,
"
They said, "it would be grand!"


No comments: