Saturday, June 5, 2010

Reporting From the Field on the BP Oil Spill: I: Intro


Oh, the virtual humanity!

Written 5 June, 2010

Reporting From the Field on the BP Oil Spill: I.


This is your intrepid reporter Cheyenne Palisades, live from the void-- those empty spaces around private islands. I'm reporting today on the deep sea oil leak that has polluted so much of Second Life and killed so very much animated wildlife. It's tragic. Tragic. (/me chokes, but continues). Oh, the virtual humanity!

Turn off that damn camera!

It's okay, folks, I've regained control. Turn the camera back on. Now I'm merely disgusted.


I've donned my deep-sea gear now and am at the site of the leak. As you can see, a thick black cloud of petroleum is spewing from the damaged pipe. I wonder who could be responsible for this?


Wait! I see something through the murk! Does anyone recognize this logo?


British Petroleum! Those bastards!

Uh-oh. I just saw Dick Cheney in SCUBA gear. That means Haliburton was involved, too.


I think Cheney's fingerprints are all over this!

No comments: