Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Revisiting New Paris


Written 1 September, 2010

Revisiting New Paris

Second Life has no shortage of Eiffel towers, but my favorite is the one at New Paris. It was there I was kissed by a frisky rabbit on my third day in Second Life, and it was there that Sweetie and I first danced.

Shhh! Please don't tell her about the rabbit. It was meaningless, and I gave the 100 baby bunnies away for adoption. Don't worry, they went to a good home, the Wile. E. Coyote family.

The other day I happened to notice the New Paris landmark in one of my notecards (I am in my post-LM period; my landmarks are all in notecards these days) and took to jump to see if, four years later, New Paris was still New Paris.

It still is.

The New Eiffel tower is still in place, and so is the champagne that got me drunk....


... and on that damn Devotion poseball. with frisky ears.


The stores in New Paris have, unsurprisingly, changed. There's now a fake Versace store...


... and other more interesting stores.


There's even an Arc de Triomphe.


When you land, you'll see the results from a recently concluded art contest. The entries are still up.

It's nice to know New Paris is still around, some four years later. For Second Life, that makes it a veritable institution!

No comments: