Friday, October 29, 2010

The Bob Saga: XXXVI: Sweetie Perfects Her Disguise

Katana Stilts
Written 29 October, 2010

The Bob Saga

XXXVI: Sweetie Perfects Her Disguise

Sweetie looked fantabulous in her costume. Her katanas made her imminently recognizable, but she looked wonderful.

"Uh, that's not working," I said.

"I'm not finished," she said. Suddenly she was three feet taller and her swords had disappeared.

"Katana stilts," she said. "The latest from Curio Obscura. Essential for a carnival barker."

"Is that what you are?" I asked dubiously.

"I am," she said. "Want to know what I'm selling?"

"I'm afraid to ask," I said.

"English throwing scones," she said, "dipped in caramel and rolled in peanuts."

"Those should sell," I said, "but you're imminently recognizable."

"But I've not yet attached the piece de resistance," said said. Suddenly she was wearing the largest hairdo I had ever seen.


"Curio Obscura?" I asked.

"But of course," she said. "Everybody will be so busy watching the dancers on the ballroom in my hair to pay any attention to my face."

"Is that a waltz they're doing?" I asked.


"See," she said brightly, "it's working already."

"Are you ready to jump?" I asked.

"Ready," she said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I'm followin ya now. :)