Saturday, November 19, 2011

The PG Den of Iniquity: Part I of III


Written 19 November, 2011

The PG Den of Iniquity

Part I of III

After months of being a slug in Second Life I've been busy the past week or so, making the PG Den of Iniquity (Sweetie named it-- of course!).

The PGDI floats above and  some distance away from our huge built 4000 meters above Whimsy:



I installed the Gilded Gobbler airship about 30 meters above the top of the blimp docking tower. It looked good hovering up there. And then Sweetie renamed it.

When I build something complicated-- something that involves a process-- I like to start at the place of entry and work toward the destination. So I redesigned the elevator to the top of the tower, turning into a robot lift named, of all things, Gaston.



Gaston will whisk three people some 40 meters to the top of the blimp parking tower.

Then I rebuilt Sweetie's purchased-for-a-few-Lindens tower, making it a bit bigger and incorporating a swirling prim supporting structure she had designed for the telescope that hovers below.



I modeled the tower after a cheapie Sweetie picked up somewhere. Since she bought it for our use and I have no intention of selling it, I feel somewhat non-guilty about having back-engineered it.

The top of the tower features a platform with my mahjong game, brought up from a platform at 1800 meters, where it has lived for the past three-and-a-half years.


The domed top features an orrery Sweetie bought at Pandora Wrigglesworth's wonderful Curio Obscura store.


A walkway extends from the platform and forms a T.


To the left there's a platform for embarking upon a not-yet-completed tour.


To the right-- a platform for a rail car that leads to our infamous Den of Iniquity.



Go here to visit the PG Den of Iniquity  in Second Life. Take the robot lift up to the blimp tower and then ride the rail to the PG Den of Iniquity. There are two floors below the main level, and huge rooms inside the balloons; just walk the ropes on the right side (as you face the entrance) to enter the balloons.

No comments: