Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chey Visits the Robot Shrink


So, Doc, It's like this. I'm here because....

Why are you asking me about my neuroses? We talked about my neuroses last week. What, you need to hear it all again?

What do you mean, it's customary to talk about neurosis? I'm here for a special reason.

Look, I'm paying cash. You wanna hear this or not?

Okay, okay, I'll pay double! So-- I've been more active in Second Life lately. I've been a slacker this past year. Now I'm building and scripting again.

Why? You ask me why? That's what I came to you for. Why am I working hard now after months of standing on the sea decks on Whimsy Kaboom and watching whales while listening to Hawaiian music? Why am I busy now? And does that mean my real life is gonna go in the dumper again? Will I stop washing my car and vacuuming and cooking real meals and fixing leaky faucets, or will I be more... balanced this time?

My father?  Why do you bring him up? What does he have to do with this? He's not in world.

Oedipus? I'll need to Google that. Hang on. Okay, a Greek king who killed his father and married his mother. How can a robot doctor even think like that? Besides, I fail to see the relevance.

It means what? You're a sick puppy, Doc, you know that? Now stop spinning your Freudian wheels and answer my question. Will I keep both my worlds more in balance this time?

What do you mean time will tell?

---

Get psychoanalyzed here.

No comments: